As we get into award season and more contenders start to be released, I thought I would let you know my current standings.
1) Moneyball (for the conviction and passion)
2) Tree of Life (beautiful, but not for everyone)
2) Drive (for the stylized character study and homage to the 80s)
3) The Help (for giving us the best villain of the year)
4) Anonymous (interesting story - well rounded film)
5) The Descendants (Simply authentic.)
6) 50/50 (for the funny lines, serious subject, and great music)
- Take Shelter
- A Dangerous Method
- Flowers of War
- Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
- The Artist
Ides of March (simple, generic and trite)
What are the best movies you have seen to date? What are you looking forward to seeing?